Sunday, November 23, 2008

In Memory of "Lil Bit" My Cat!

LITTLE BIT


I have always been a cat person. After I got married I found out very quickly that Jason was allergic to cats. My sweet husband suffered through several years of very bad allergies to allow me to have a cat in our home! Finally we realized that a cat was something we could not have in our home.

About 2 and half years ago, a stray cat was dropped off at my office. She had a black and white kitten with her that looked way to big to be still nursing, but he must have been the momma's favorite because she allowed him to still nurse. I fell in love with him and thought.. I could keep a cat here at the office. We found the mamma a home and I kept the kitten. I named him lil bit because he was just a little bit of a thing, but had tons of attitude!

He was the perfect cat. He was not a lap cat, but he loved to know that I was near. Every morning he would come up and put his paws on my chair for a head scratch. I always knew when he was out of water or food because he would start knocking things off my desk and walk in front of my monitor until I got the point.

He loved to go outside and he knew he could not walk out that door until he had his leash on. He would get all excited when I grabbed the leash and headed for the door!

We ended up getting another stray named Minnie for him to have some company at night. They really liked each other.. I must admit Minnie is not my favorite, but she made bit happy.


He was only over 2 years old and he got a bad bladder infection. I took him to the vet and they put him on antibiotics and steriods, but he just was not getting better. This past week was so difficult seeing him fade away. He actually needed me this week and I gladly took care of him. When I found that he had passed away this morning, I held him and told him what a good boy he was. My daughter was with me and she just held me as I cried and said my goodbyes to "my boy. Analise said "Momma he is not sick anymore and he is happy" What a smart little girl she is!

He was my grumpy old man that I adored and he will be missed!

No comments: