Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Staring out the window

I am sitting at my desk staring out the window. I have so much work to do, but my mind is faraway from here. Normally Fall is my favorite season, but this year has been different. My mind and heart have been on such a journey. It has been a difficult one, and has left me wondering who I am and how I got here.

I was reading my verse again today Philippians 3:13-14 (see above)like i usually do and a word stood out to me, struggle. I can honestly say that I never saw that word before in that verse. I looked it up and it means to contend with an adversary or opposing force.

So we are supposed to forget what is behind and contend with an adversary of opposing force for what is ahead! You know how I read that verse before? Forget what is behind and everything will be roses for what is ahead! I am laughing at that now, but up until today that is how I read it! I think that the easy part will be forgetting what is behind.. The hard part now will be struggling for what is ahead!

I want what is ahead for me. I want to run to the goal so that I can win the prize of being in heaven! What a prize that will be! It is so easy for me to get wrapped up in the emotions of living and expectations of living. With God's strength, I am going to struggle for what is ahead and have a Godly attitude about the struggle because spending eternity with him is soooo worth the "struggle"!

Love, Me

1 comment:

Erin said...

I like your new blog - I hope it brings some of the release you're looking for! And it lets me keep up with you guys!