Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My 5 year old and the talk!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My 5 year old and "the talk"

I just finished bathing Analise and she looks up at me and says "Mommy, do I have a wiener or a hooha"? I said a what? "A wiener or a whooha MOMMY"! I'm like who said that? She says no one, I she just thought it up.. I'm like yeah right.. Well I figure since she is asking I might as well share the technical term for it, as any good parent should right? So I asked her if she has seen baby Fisher without his diaper and she says Yes. I said that God made boys and girls different and boys have penis' and Girls have vagina's. She just looks at me and laughs and says 'mommy I CAN'T say that, so I will just call them wieners and whoohas"!


I finished blow drying her hair and the whole time I am thinking about good parenting and how I should handle this situation and many more to come. So I shut the dryer off and say you know Analise, you can talk to mommy about anything, right? She just looks at me weird, like mommy is thinking to hard, and says "Yeah, Mom I know". I breathe a sigh of relief, feeling I have jumped a parenting hurdle. I put Lou to bed and run into the living room and tell Jason all about it, we giggle and then it hits us...... Our little girl is out there in the world with all those WIENERS!!! Oh no! Jason puts a spit shine on his rifle preparing for the future!



1 comment:

Nicole said...

lol cute story and oh the things children come up with. I have five and on a near daily basis someone asks me something I really wish they hadn't. Most of it comes home from school.

I think you said the right things - don't we seem to freak out when we are kinda caught unprepared for a talk? LOL
You did great and your daughter is beautiful.